POSITIVE MESSAGES FOR OUR INNER CHILD
At some point in our process of healing our inner child, we will want to communicate directly with that part of our subconscious. The following is a list of possible messages for our inner child, which can be strengthened internally by:
a. Writing them in a letter to the inner child
b. Introducing them to the inner child while in the transformation regression.
c. Replaying them our daily communication with the inner child.
d. Making a relaxation CD with these messages.
After reading the following possible messages one might want to communicate to one's inner child, please close the book and forget what has been said here, and write a personal love letter to your own inner child expressing whatever you feel it needs to hear from you in order to feel safe, worthy, free and happy.
1. I accept and love you exactly as you are.
2. I appreciate you and respect you.
3. I feel affection and tenderness for you.
4. You are free to do what you like provided you are not hurting anybody.
5. You are capable and strong.
6. There is an infinite spiritual power within you that protects you from illness, traumas and dangers.
7. Your body is healthy, strong and resistant to illness.
8. You live in divine justice, which brings to you only what is useful for your development.
9. You selected your parents and the events of your childhood, and thus you created the perfect conditions for your development.
10. There is a Divine Power that guides you from within.
11. There is within you a knowing and wise voice that always leads you correctly in your life. Follow it.
12. You have the right and the responsibility to express your inner strength and beauty creatively.
13. You deserve love and respect from everyone, regardless of your appearance, social position, profession, knowledge, achievements, or what others think of you.
14. Your self worth is the same as that of every other soul, no more and no less.
15. No one else can create or be responsible for your happiness, health or success.
16. You cannot create or assume responsibility for the happiness, health or success of others.
17. You are an eternal, divine consciousness in the process of developing the ability to express the beauty that exists within you.
18. Everything is God. There is no one or thing that is not the expression of the one universal consciousness (God). You are no exception.
19. It is not necessary to live your life according to the convictions or expectations of your parents or anyone else. Love, respect and help them, but live according to your own principles, needs and convictions.
20. Your "parents" are eternal souls in a process of evolution whom you selected to play these roles in this incarnation. Your only real parent is God.
21. You have the same worth, wisdom, strength, and rights as the eternal souls who played the role of your parents.
22. Whatever anyone did to harm you was out of ignorance or fear.
23. Your parents were once children who were programmed by their parents.
Having healed the inner child through these truths, we are now ready to begin the process of forgiveness, which is our true liberation from the past. If upon working with your childhood years you realize that you need to forgive others or yourself, refer to the chapters on forgiveness in the books Love is the Choice and Relationships of Conscious Love by the same author.
Adapted from the book The Psychology of Happiness by Robert Elias Najemy